Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Music Playlist: Vampire King Trilogy

The Music Behind the Madness

Two moons surround a planet that's inhabited by vampires, elfkins, and humans.

Welcome to the Vampire King Trilogy.


Book One
Book Two
Book Three



Sometimes in order for me to write about another world, I have to surround myself around other worldly things.

Since I can't just project myself into space, lounge on a moon crater, and write away. . .I'm forced to discover crazy musical tracks, plug my headphones in my ears, and type away as the most odd things fill my ears.

When I think of Vampire King Trilogy, I think of strange electronica with a sort of an 80s influence.


Probably not what you figured huh? What happened is that the night before I sat down to write Escape, I saw the movie Drive and that soundtrack stuck in my head.




First of all, the Vampire King Trilogy was supposed to be a simple little love story about vampires on earth. Nothing too big or complex. However, as I'm writing. . . suddenly my story is not on earth and these vampires are no where near what I'm used to. . .


The song Nightcall is why my Vampires can shift into a king form that gives them horns and hoofs.




The male voice in the song is so freaking scary, yet hot to me. I kept thinking. . .Romantic Monster. lol.




The song Under Your Spell inspired Samuel and Brie's relationship.









The song A Real Hero really set the tone for all of Samuel's turmoil that he experienced inside of him as he battled with being what he was born to be. . .and what he felt was safe to be.






And that my friends is the continuous sound of music I heard as I wrote the entire Vampire King Trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment