Thursday, March 28, 2013

Guest Post: 5 Things You Didn't Know About Fate War Alliance



BOOK BLURB:
Prince Cole meets Samantha when she walks down the aisle. Though she seems like the polished women he is familiar with, there is something different. She is complicated and full of mystery. Her dowry comes with a promise of air ships and mech capable of defense against their common enemy and for his country to survive, he must unravel her secrets. It is only when each accepts their destinies can they save their people from the plans of the Fate Sovereign.

If you’re looking for a steamy romance, a strong, smart heroine and interesting gadgets, this is the book for you! Fate War is a swords and guns, love and war, Steampunk inspired story that is sure to get your pistons pumping.



Guest Post: Five Things You Didn't Know About Fate War: Alliance

1. I’ve recently been learning about foraging and herbology so I gave that characteristic to Cole. He’s much better at it than I am.

2. Samantha’s appearance is based on a girl I performed with in my high school show choir. Just get GLEE out of your head right now…not even close. I thought she was the most beautiful person, inside and out, but I don’t think she saw herself that way. It was a perfect match for Sam

3. When I started writing Fate War: Alliance, it was supposed to be a standalone book. However, several characters began to whisper about their true origins and actions and the story kept building itself until I couldn’t complete it in one volume.  

This book gives Sam’s rise to greatness, the next book…well, Let’s just say it’s time for Cole to man up and several more characters will come out of the shadows.

4. Speaking of Cole and sequels, I chose the name “Cole” because it fit my Steampunk world. Get it? Cole...coal. Anyway, I wasn’t thinking about continuing the story.  

About halfway through, I realized IF I continued the stories, Cole would eventually become…you got it…King Cole. I debated changing his name, but he had already become such a real person to me, it was impossible. Go ahead, have your laugh.


5. Queen Adella, Samantha’s mother, is in NO way based on my own mother. My mother is the most kind, generous, excellent mother a soul could have.  She gave me a wonderfully perfect childhood and is the inspiration to all that I achieve.  Did I say that right, Mom? The cue card was a little smudged.


3 comments:

  1. I love that last point, E.M.!

    I, too, have experienced characters telling me how I'm supposed to write them. It's both wonderful and freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my mom threw a hissy fit when I didn't mention her in the "thank you's" of the book. I've been trying to make up for it ever since.

    Definitely wonderful and freaky to have your imaginary friends dictating to you. LOL!

    ReplyDelete