Thursday, May 1, 2014

Street Art, Bitches!

I'm Miami all day, baby! But when I party, it's not at South Beach. It's WYNWOOD Art District.




Sounds familiar?

The area has been discussed in my books. Some novels that come to mind are. . .The Muse (gallery opening), Sexual Deception (whole book is set there), etc



Wood Bar, one of my favorite spots


Regardless, more books will be set in Wynwood and explore the crazy scene.



Building owners don't mind the art as long as their info is on there too.

The best way to know you're in Wynwood is to see all of the amazing street art covering every damn building in that area!! 




Even the sidewalks, streets, doorways and phone poles are covered.


















I love art, but Street art has a special lure for me. It entangles my senses at times. . .


















The Raw and unapologetic part of this genre just grabs me!


The terms "urban art", "guerrilla art", "post-graffiti" and "neo-graffiti" are also sometimes used when referring to artwork created in these contexts.



Traditional spray-painted graffiti artwork itself is often included in this category, excluding territorial graffiti or pure vandalism.



















Why am I saying all of this?

A book is coming people! It's in me to explore characters in the Street Art world!





Every time I come to the district, adrenaline fills my veins! I'm a kid in a real Alice in Wonderland!


And let me tell you. . . Wynwood never disappoints at night!! There will be more blogs on this amazing place as well as stories!!


Kenya signing out, bitches!

(sorry, I call my friends bitches.Take comfort in that.)

1 comment: