Along The Space Between release tour, we’re sharing behind-the-scenes tidbits about the book, the characters and more. Things that fall “between the lines” of the story’s prose. So here’s Micah, one of the main characters, sharing a few (sort of) unknown facts about herself.
“A completely unique story with a paranormal twist . . . the perfect blend of romance and mystery with a phenomenal plot that will keep you guessing.”
~ Jessica, Confessions of a Bookaholic
**Mature Content** Recommended for ages 17+ due to sexual situations and language.
1. I had a crappy childhood so I escaped to books. I’ve always had a library card, one of the only things I asked for when I moved to a new foster home. I liked The Hardy Boys, then Roald Dahl. My favorites were the J.R.R. Tolkien books, though. No better escape for a foster kid than the Shire and all the adventures in Middle Earth.
2. Maybe the war of Middle Earth had something to do with my desire to join the Marines the day I turned 18. To go out and do something that matters for once. I found my own fellowship there. It didn’t last long.
3. When I got older, girls became just as good an escape as books. As much as I wanted a relationship, though, I had no idea how to work one. So they were all short-term things. Just as well since I didn’t stay in one place for long anyway.
4. I’d always wanted a dog. What boy doesn’t? Angie, my last foster mother, had a great dog, but he was hers, not mine. Sammy, though, felt like mine almost immediately. Of course, he’s not. He’s Jacey’s. But so am I.
5. I read at night and on rainy days, but otherwise, I spent as much time outside as I could. Playing ball with whatever kids would play with me, exploring the neighborhoods, hiking the woods or hills or whatever was nearby at the time. Anything to get out of the house of strangers.
6. When I met Jacey, I was literally lost. Freshly out of the Marines with no home, no career, no plans ahead of me. I was good at the handyman stuff and kind of wanted to build my own home—something no one could take away from me—but hadn’t figured it all out yet. Then everything got real weird, real fast.
7. My favorite things:
Ginger, my truck
A soft pillow at the end of the day
Thank you, Micah! I’m impressed you shared even this much. Lovely readers, you get to know him a lot better—the real Micah—in The Space Between, the first part of The Book of Phoenix.
About the Author:
Author Website Soul Savers Series Website
Kristie Cook is a lifelong, award-winning writer in various genres, from marketing communications to fantasy fiction. She continues to write the Soul Savers Series, a New Adult paranormal romance/contemporary fantasy, with the first four books, Promise, Purpose, Devotion and Power available now and the next book coming in June 2013. She’s also written a companion novella, Genesis: A Soul Savers Novella, currently available. Over 160,000 Soul Savers books have been sold, with Promise peaking at #54 on the Amazon Top 100 Paid list and at #1 in the Amazon Fantasy category.
Besides writing, Kristie enjoys reading, cooking, traveling and riding on the back of a motorcycle. She has lived in ten states, but currently calls Southwest Florida home with her husband, three teenage sons, a beagle and a puggle. She can be found at: