Monday, February 24, 2014

Top Three Non-fiction Books about Rock Stars




Top Three Non-fiction Books about Rock Stars

The best part about writing rock star romances is the research!
It's so much more fun than other topics. I read tons of rock star biographies, memoirs, and authorbiographies to better develop my hero Jude in Flirting with Chaos.

I didn't want a regular alpha hero. Sadly, that bores me at times. I needed him to be dark, twisted, yet so utterly lovable that the reader couldn't figure out if they Hated or Loved him, but they knew for sure they longed to hook up with him.

During my reading of rock stars, I created a top three that just really blew my mind away. I read about eight, but really these three books still linger in my mind months later. So here we go. . .






"Welcome to my nightmare
Welcome to my breakdown
I hope I didn't scare you"


Blurb: Mötley Crüe's Nikki Sixx shares mesmerizing diary entries from the year he spiraled out of control in a haze of heroin and cocaine.





"To his father's dismay, by the end of the 50s the boy (Jagger) had transformed into a precocious-teenage philosopher-prince obsessed with rock and roll and girls, and, worse became suspicious of uniforms and obedience."

Blurb: Combining biography with cultural history, Jagger unfolds like a captivating documentary, a series of episodes tracing the icon’s rise from his childhood in middle-class postwar London to his status as a jet-setting knight.






Three words: FULL FRONTAL NUDITY.

Blurb: This book, a visual collaboration between the singer and his friend, leading photographer Mark Seliger, follows Kravitz on the road, with his family, performing, relaxing with friends, and in the outrageous fashions that have become his signature style. 


I hope you all try at least one of these out!






No comments:

Post a Comment